Farmers to be considered for participation in the NEGPRO scheme must have the following;
- Be a member of poultry association of Nigeria in respective states
- Standard and secure pen with a capacity to hold minimum of 2000 pullet day-old-chick to end-of-lay
- Possess requisite experience in bird rearing and management.
- Minimum of two employees on the farm
Responsibilities of a NEGPRO FARMER
- Be responsible for management of his/her farm
- Commit to abide by the terms of agreement and not to side sell produce
- Cross guarantee for his/her contemporaries
- Utilize the facility (kind and cash) for the purpose to which it was granted
- Sign off-take agreement with the anchor for all produce (table eggs and spent layers) and surrender such as and when due to representative of National Anchor in the state for purpose of loan repayment
- Avail monitoring team unhindered access to birds at all times and maintain proper records of activities on the farm
- Notify state anchor or any other member of the state technical committee of any health challenge to birds in his/her care promptly.
Prospective farmers should forward their interest by filling the application form available on the NEGPRO portal through this link;
Contact NEGPRO Desk Officers with contact details below for prompt response: